1 Day Trip From Marrakech to Essaouira
Essaouira, or Mogador is an old fort and fishing port located within 2 hours drive from Marrakech. It is considered one of the most popular day tours out of Marrakech.
A full day Marrakech to Essaouira tour is by far the most appreciated day tours by our clients: Many of them discover that hidden gem for the first time. Right away they decide to come back for sure to a short break in the peaceful and artsy and hippy town of Essaouira.
HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF DAY TRIP TO ESSAOUIRA FROM MARRAKECH:
- Discover the beautiful city of Essaouira on a day trip.
- Admire the port, the market and the jeweler’s quarter.
- Enjoy the visit of the beach.
- 1 Day Trip From Marrakech to Essaouira
- Visit an association of Berber women producing argan oil.
THIS IS THE ITINERARY OF THE DAY TRIP TO ESSAOUIRA FROM MARRAKECH:
Depart Marrakech in the morning and drive to the coastal resort of Essaouira to explore its rich culture and many art galleries. Admire the well-preserved buildings and get stunning views of the Atlantic coast. Experience the warm hospitality of the locals as soon as you arrive, and get an appreciation for their simple lifestyle. Stroll around the busy harbor and see the fishermen selling fresh fish direct from their traditional blue boats. Go to the fortified harbor Scala to take amazing photos of the monumental Bab al Mersa (“Door of the Port”). Then, explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the old seaside Medina. Wander the colorful souks and maze of alleys. Enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant, and then go to the old Jewish district to see the synagogues. Marvel at the cannons on the city ramparts before heading back to Marrakech at around 4:30 PM.
✅ What’s Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual driver
- Free time to explore the sites
- Fuel for the entire journey
- Stops to take photos and admire the landscape
❌ What’s Not Included
- Lunch and drinks
- Personal expenses