3 Days Desert Trip Marrakech To Fes
HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF MARRAKECH TO FES DESERT TOUR 3 DAYS:
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah of Ait Ben Hadou
- Drive past the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass
- Drive along the Valley of the roses and the road of 1001 Kasbahs
- Walk in Todgha oasis along the stream to the Gorges of Todra
- Enjoy a splendid sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Spend the night at Merzouga desert camp with dinner and entertainment
- Stop in cedar forests near Ifran to watch Barbary Apes on the way to Fes
THIS IS THE ITINERARY OF THE MARRAKECH TO FES 3 DAYS SAHARA DESERT TOUR:
DAY 1: MARRAKECH – ATTAS MOUNTAINS – AIT BEN HADDOU – OUARZAZATE – DADES VALLEY
Your marrakech to fes desert tour 3 days will depart from your hotel or riad at 07h30 AM to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou through Tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains.
Numerous stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters.
We continue to Ouarzazate for lunch In the afternoon, we drive to the oasis of Skoura and visit one of the best-preserved Kasbahs in Morocco: Amridil. From here we continue to Kalaa Mgrouna via the Valley of the Roses before we reach our boutique guest house located in Dades Valley.
Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: DADES GORGE – TODRA GORGE – ERFOUD – RISSANI – MERZOUGA
You will be enjoying the amazing scenery along the way of the remaining of fortified villages that were hosting the caravan roads until early 2Oth century.
Upon arrival at Tinghir, which was a military post during the French occupation, we will deviate into a secondary road to the oasis. Feel free to walk next to the stream and watch the locals farming and herding their cattle. Your walk will end at one of the magnificent scenes of your tour: Todgha Gorges.
After lunch at leisure at one of the local cafés, we continue to Rissani, which is one of the holiest towns in Morocco as the actual dynasty ruling Morocco ‘’ The Alaouites ‘’ is originated here, and its founder is buried locally. Rissani is also famous as a starting point of the ancient caravan roads crossing the Sahara desert all the way to Tomboctou.
Mid afternoon, we will cross some rocky terrain all the way to Merzouga, where our camel caravan will be waiting for you. Enjoy a camel ride over Erg Chebbi dunes to watch an amazing sunset, before we return to our Sahara desert camp.
Enjoy dinner under the stars while entertained by our local nomads hosts playing their drums all night.
Overnight at your Sahara desert luxury Camp.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA – ERFOUD – MIDELT – CEDAR FOREST – FES
Meet your driver / guide and depart on a scenic drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region.
We carry on our journey to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran, which are both famous as winter ski resorts for Moroccans.
Your driver might spot some Barbary apes on the way and seize the opportunity to take some pictures.
We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon. Your Marrakech to Fes 3 Day Sahara Desert Tour will end with a drop off at your Fes hotel or riad.
✅ What’s Included in 3 Day Marrakech to Fes desert trip
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota + fuel.
- First night in Dades gorge. Private room with ensuite bathroom.
- Second night in Merzouga in luxury tents.
- Third night in Ouarzazate. Private rooom with ensuite bathroom.
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Dinner and Breakfast are daily included.
- Drop off at your Fes hotel or the closest accessible location to your Fes riad if not car accessible.
- 1 Hour camel ride each way.
❎ What’s Not Included in 3 Day Marrakech to Fes desert trip
- Beverages & Bottled Water
- Entrance Fees