4 day Desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora
4 day desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora, will take you from Marrakech to Zagora Merzouga and the Erg Chebbi Dunes, desert Oases.
4 day Desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains and its Tizi Ntichka pass
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Hadou
- Drive to Zagora desert along Draa Valley
- Enjoy a scenic drive past the volcanic massifs of Saghro
- Ride a camel in Merzouga while assisting to a dramatic sunset
- Sleep under the stars in Erg Chebbi Sahara camp
- Visit Todgha Gorges and drive across the Valley of the Roses
Day 1: Marrakech » Zagora
Departs from your hotel or riad at 07h30 by winding up through the Atlas Mountains over the Tizi N’ Tichka Pass, the pass rises to 2260 meters above sea level, so the views are quite splendid. Plenty of stops are made for taking in the scenery and photography.
We arrive in ouarzazate and visit Taourirte Kasbahs. Lunch ( At leisure ) before we continue to Zagora through Draa Valley, this amazing river has given life to a huge oasis about 200 Km at the foothill of the anti Atlas mountains. Draa Valley has been for many years coveted by the Sahara desert nomads.
All along, several palm groves will bring their shades between Kasbahs and Ksours dotted with fields of corn, barley, Vegetables and henna plantations, Dinner and Overnight in Zagora.
Day 2: Zagora » Merzouga
Today, you will cross the volcanic peaks of the Anti Atlas Mountains driving southeast across lunatic landscapes past oases located in the middle of nowhere.
You will stop for lunch at the oasis of Alnif, where you’ll have lunch before you carry on to Merzouga , then to Erg Chebbi where your Sahara desert camp is located.
Upon arrival, switch your mean of transportation into camels and enjoy an Erg Chebbi dunes camel trek to witness one of the most sought for views in the planet: Erg Chebbi’s dramatic sunset over the color changing sand dunes!
Drive back to your camp and get ready for a delicious Moroccan dinner under the stars while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums. Don’t miss the clear sky stars constellation before you go to bed.
Day 3: Merzouga » Dades Valley
After breakfast at your desert camp, drive along the 1001 Kasbahs past rivers, oases and fortified Kasbahs to Tinghir, where you can enjoy a walk in the oasis along Todgha river bank to Todrha canyons where you will have lunch.
Early afternoon, drive along the Dades Valley where you’ll drive past some magnificient fortified Kasbahs and Berber Villages, with the sunset as a backdrop to Dades Gorges to marvel at the scenery and take some photos.
Dinner and overnight at your Dades Valley hotel.
Day 4: Dades Valley » Marrakech
After breakfast, you’ll drive along side the Valley of the Roses to Kalaa Megouna where you can visit rose water ladies cooperative and learn how locals manufacture rose water perfume essences.
We continue to Skoura oasis, considered one of the largest oases in the South and visit one of the Kasbahs there (time permitting) before we carry on to Ouarzazate and to the UNESCO world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou.
The fortified village is one of the most visited landmarks in Morocco, and it has been long known as shooting location of various Hollywood blockbusters.
After lunch at leisure in the Kasbah, we drive to Marrakech via Tizi Ntichka pass and high Atlas Mountains.
Your 4 day desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will come to an end with a drop off at your hotel or riad.
- Private transportation in an air-conditioned comfortable 4×4 car or luxury minivan
- Pick-up from your hotel in Marrakech
- Berber driver guide in English
- 2 Overnights in air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms and toilets
- 1 Overnights in an authentic/ luxury Erg Chebbi Dunes desert camp
- Breakfasts And dinners
- Option to go to and to come back from the camp in 4×4 Toyota Prado
- Camel rides for an hour to an hour and a half and free sand-boarding
- Berber music and drumming around a fire camp in the desert
- The opportunity to ask the driver to stop for breaks whenever you wish
✖️ Not Included
- Beverages and lunches
- Entrance fees
- Local guides
NOTE: If you want to modify this tour, let us know your idea, or travel plans and we can create similar or different program, which match your requirements. Contact us for more info.