- 1 Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour 3 days
- 1.0.1 Highlights of Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour 3 Days
- 1.0.2 Day 1: Marrakech » Dades Valley
- 1.0.3 Day 2: Dades Valley » Merzouga
- 1.0.4 Day 3: Merzouga » Marrakech
- 1.0.5 Get in touch with us
Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour 3 days
Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour 3 days is a great private desert trip to visit Merzouga desert Camel trekking and desert camp overnight!
Highlights of Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour 3 Days
- Traverse the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi N’tichka pass
- Spend time in the Casbah of Air Ben Haddou and explore the Berber village
- Take a promenade along the stream in Todra oasis to the majestic gorges
- Sit in the back of your camel and enjoy the views of Erg Chebbi with its dramatic sunset
- Enjoy a Berber dinner under the stars and spend the night at your Merzouga desert camp
Day 1: Marrakech » Dades Valley
We’ll start our Marrakech 3 days desert tour in the early hours of the morning. After that, you will leave for Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou at 7:30 am. You will make your way through Tizi-n-Tichka Pass and the high Atlas Mountains. During which you’ll make several stops. One is to visit UNESCO world heritage listed Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. You will visit the Kasbah that is renowned for the part it played in a number of Hollywood blockbuster movies. After that, in the morning, we’ll take a leisurely tour Of Kasbah Taourirte, then continue on to Ouarzazate. As the day progresses You will enjoy your drive through Boulmane Dades. Before arriving at your destination for the day – your hotel in Dade’s Valley.
Day 2: Dades Valley » Merzouga
After enjoying a leisurely breakfast in your Dades hotel, we’ll travel the road of 1001 Kasbahs to the Oasis of Tinghir, then deviate to a lesser road where we’ll follow the river to Todgha canyons and spend time taking in the breathtaking scenery and immense cliffs. After lunch in a local Café, we’ll continue on to Rissani, which has its own claims to fame. Firstly, it was the starting point for trading caravans when crossing the Morocco desert tours to Tombouctou, and secondly, Rissani is world famous for its date markets.
Are you ready for a camel ride?
After traveling through some rocky desert landscape we’ll continue on with our trip to Merzouga by meeting up with our camel caravan on the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes. Ready for a camel ride? You’ll marvel at the color-changing sand dunes as we ride our camels into the setting sun. What an amazing experience!
We’ll arrive at our Sahara Desert camp just on dusk, and welcome it as it pops up seemingly in the middle of nowhere. At this point, you should be ready for a feast. You will enjoy a Moroccan dinner. Also, you will sit next to a cozy bonfire. You’ll be in awe of the sand dunes and surrounding landscape. Then, after dinner, local nomads will treat you to a drum concert. Remember to take lots of photos because, when you return home, you’ll wonder if your trip to Merzouga was just a dream after all!
Day 3: Merzouga » Marrakech
Following a sumptuous early breakfast, we’ll start our camel ride back to the main road to meet up with our driver, ready for our return to Ouarzazate. You will enjoy a leisurely lunch. After that, you will head towards Marrakech. Your memorable Marrakech 3 days desert tour will come to an end at around 7.00pm in Marrakech.
What’s Included in Marrakech desert tour
- Private transportation in an air-conditioned comfortable 4×4 car or luxury minivan
- Pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Berber Driver guide experienced in English
- Overnights in accommodations with air-conditioned rooms and private bathrooms
- Overnight in an authentic/ luxury desert camp in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Breakfasts And Dinners
- Option to go to and come back from the camp on camelback or in 4×4 vehicle
- Camel ride for an hour to an hour and a half and free sand-boarding
- Free soft drinks, and mineral water during your stay in the desert
- Berber music and drumming around a campfire under the stars at night
- The opportunity to ask the driver to stop for breaks whenever you wish
What’s Not Included in Marrakech desert tour
- Beverages & Bottled Water
- Entrance Fees