- Go on an exciting journey across the Merzouga Desert with this private 4-day tour from Marrakech, which includes all transport and three nights of accommodations. Ride through the dunes of Erg Chebbi on a camel’s back, spend a night in a Berber tent, and visit kasbahs, such as the UNESCO-listed Aït Benhaddou Kasbah. Go to Ouarzazate, and see where many movies have been filmed at Atlas Studios. Be surrounded by an oasis of palm trees at Palmeraie, and cross through Agdez, Alnif, and Tazarine on your way to the Draa Valley.
✅ Departure Point
- Your hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Daily tour
✅ Departure Time
✅ Return Details
- Returns to original departure point
✅ Program Itinerary
✅ Day 1: Marrakech – Dades Gorge
- Your driver and guide will meet you at the reception of your accommodation in Marrakech. First you will cross the spectacular Tizi n’ Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains. During your journey you will get your first sighting of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (a World Heritage site, which has been used as the location for over 20 different movies). You will make a stop to take a look at the Salt Caves. You will then drive onwards passing through many Berber villages, being able to observe the Skoura oasis, Kalaat Mâgouna, groves of spectacular olive trees and barren hillsides that are clustered with Kasbahs and traditional Berber houses. After lunch you will drive further to the Valley of the Roses, with beautiful views of the Dades Valley also known as the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs. You will spend your night in a hotel in Dades Valley on half board.
✅ Day 2: Valley of the Roses – Todra Gorge – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi
- Your 2nd day will start with breakfast at the hotel, before you travel to Todra Gorge, a massive fault that divides the enormous High Atlas Mountain range. The Gorge will take you to 300m above sea level and through a narrow valley, with palmeries and Berber villages. Your next stop will be the village of Arfoud, this is a famous area for fossils and you will have a chance to observe the process of cleaning and polishing the fossils and be able to see the finished products. After lunch you will head to the tiny village of Merzouga where, after a short break, you will ride camels into the incredible Erg Chebbi dunes – the highest dunes in Morocco. After the dunes it is a one and a half hour sunset camel ride to a traditional Berber meal and the opportunity to sleep under the stars (or in a tent if you prefer) at a Berber desert camp.
✅ Day 3: Erg Chebbi – Ait Ben Haddou
- After viewing the most beautiful sunrise and having breakfast at the camp site you will ride the camels back to the Auberge. From there it will be a long day driving to Ait Ben Haddou. Ait Ben Haddou is a small town with one of the best-preserved and most sought-after Kasbah’s to visit in all of Morocco. The Kasbah, a group of earthen buildings surrounded by high walls, is a traditional pre-Saharan habitat. The houses crowd together within the defensive walls, which are reinforced by corner towers. After a guided tour of the ancient settlement be sure to walk up to the high point on the hill above the Kasbah for particularly fine views.
✅ Day 4: Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech
- After breakfast you will start the drive back to Marrakech, again passing through the Tizi n’ Tichka Pass.
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota + fuel
- First night in Dades gorge. Private room with ensuite bathroom
- Second night in Merzouga in bedouin tents, wash-up facilities are shared. Possibility to upgrade to luxury tents
- Third night in Ouarzazate. Private rooom with ensuite bathroom
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- 1 hour camel ride each way
- Dinner and Breakfast are daily included
- Free time to explore the sites, Breaks for photos,..Etc
- Customized & Flexible stops
- No Shopping stops
What’s Not Included
- Beverages & Bottled Water
- Entrance Fees