Marrakech Desert Tour 2 Days to Zagora
Private tours are specifically for those groups who want to experience the flavour of the Moroccan desert in an exclusive and unique manner. A private tour can be made up of a family group, a group of friends or colleagues wanting to have some adventurous fun or just a small group of people that want the luxury of privacy. A 2 Day Tour from Marrakech to the desert areas around Zagora will allow you and your private party to experience something magical. This is a desert tour you will not forget and one that will hold in the memory for a very long time.
- Visit Kasbah Ait ben Haddou UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stop off at The Atlas Film Studios
- Make our way through the Draa Valley
- Take photographs and meet up with our camels for a journey to a Desert Berber Camp
- Drive through the high Atlas Mountains.
- A sumptuous evening meal and a chance to gaze up to the star-spangled skies.
- Spend night in Berber desert camp with bonfire and music entertainment
- Stop off in the city of Ouarzazate – Hollywood of Morocco with Morocco’s biggest studios
DAY 01: MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA
Pick-up at 07:00 am from your hotel or riad in Marrakech, drive across the High Atlas Mountains en route to Ouarzazate, where you will stop for a lunch at leisure. Continue to the oasis of Agdez, before driving through the date and palm trees of the Draa Valley. Marvel at the fortified Kasbahs along the way. Upon arrival at Zagora, meet your camel caravan for a 1-hour camel ride over the sand dunes. Watch the sunset paint the desert sands as it sinks below the horizon. Then, transfer to your Sahara Desert camp just before dark. Settle into your private tent, and enjoy some time at leisure to explore the surrounding desert scenery. Dinner will be served under the stars, while your nomad hosts will provide the entertainment around a camp fire with the beat of their tam tam drums.
DAY 02: ZAGORA – OUARZAZATE – MARRAKECH
Wake early to experience the magic of a desert sunrise (optional). Then, enjoy breakfast before climbing back into the saddle of your camel for the ride back to the main road. Here, your minibus will be waiting to take you on a scenic drive to the world heritage village of Ait Ben Haddou. Instantly recognizable as the setting of various Hollywood epics, it’s also a popular backdrop for photo shoots with international fashion magazines and agencies. Explore the Kasbah at leisure, with some free time for lunch, before the picturesque drive back to Marrakech for an estimated drop off at 18:00.
✅ What’s Included
- Complimentary airport transfers from Marrakech airport to your hotel in Marrakech on the day of your arrival into Marrakech.
- Pick up from hotel in Marrakech on the morning of the tour
- Private modern A/C minivan or 4×4 with English/French driver
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Sunset camel treks from Zagora to desert camp and back
- Accommodation in a comfortable desert camp (private tent) with shared toilets and showers
- Morning and evening meals
❌ What’s Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Local guides